Some people are wondering if we should avoid eating sushi with raw fish? Sushi is one of the most popular Japanese delicacies in the market. We either have it with cooked or raw fish. But a reminder from Dr. Lauri Wright, PhD., an assistant professor in public health at the University of Florida tells us that “…raw fish does not provide any additional health benefits over cooked fish, so it is not worth the risk of contaminants or food-borne illness to consume raw.”
You can read more about this issue about food safety concerns on MedicalDaily.Com. The article Sushi Health Risk: What You Need to Know provides a detailed explanation on the risk of eating sushi with raw fish.
Tell us in the comment section your thoughts about this article: Should we avoid eating sushi with raw fish? Please share this article to your friends, social networks, or collegues if you find it interesting or helpful.
MORE ARTICLES ON THE FOOD TECHNOLOGY BLOG:
- Should we avoid eating sushi with raw fish?
- Know the Facts on Nutrition Labels – What’s really on the Nutrition Facts Label [FDA INFOGRAPHIC]
- Jackfruit Meat Substitute: Is it a viable option for Vegans and Vegetarians?
- How to Reduce Food Waste at Home in 6 Easy Ways and Save Money
- Silk Coating ON Food Extends Shelf-life of Products
If your food company is having issues on food safety, we might be able to help you address the problem. SwiftMind Co. provides reliable food technology consulting services for food-based companies. Contact us today for an initial assessment.